North Central Texas College is accepting applications for a Controller: Gainesville, Texas; Full-Time
The purpose of this position is to provide leadership, planning, and management of the NCTC Business Office and grant reporting. This position is responsible for financial reports, supervision of staff, cash management, general ledger maintenance, transfers of funds, maintaining internal control structure, fixed assets and student billing/receivables.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Preferred: Master’s Degree
Five years directly related experience
Community College experience preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess understanding of general ledger and accounting functions
- Microsoft Office proficient:Excel, Word and Windows
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Ability to foster teamwork
- Must be detail oriented
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Handle/oversee financial reporting to external agencies for both the institution and for grants
- Maintain internal control structure
- Responsible for transfer of funds and cash management, with oversight of reconciliation of bank statements, and reports
- Insure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and with accrediting boards’ standards, as well as board policy
- Creation of financial reports for internal purposes
- Responsible for student billing/receivables
- Assist with administration of institutional budget, analyzing spending trends, and cost studies
- Establish internal audit processes and procedures
- Responsible for fixed assets and annual inventory
- Compile records and generate reports related to annual external financial audit and year-end processes
- Responsible for the Business Office Policy and Procedures Manual
- Participate in professional development activities/opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
Regular office hours are Monday through Thursday 8am-5pm and Friday 8am-noon. Summer office hours are Monday through Thursday 7:30am-5:30pm and off on Fridays. However, hours may need to be adjusted to best meet the needs of the department.
This position will be based out of Gainesville, but may require travel to other campuses as needed. Subject to criminal background check. Salary commensurate with experience. Resume, Cover Letter, Certificate & Transcripts required in addition to application.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH NCTC’s WEBSITE
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.