Instructor- Associate Degree Nursing
North Central Texas College is accepting applications for an Associate Degree Nursing Instructor: Gainesville, Texas; Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
This position carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of North Central Texas College in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment while embracing positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to our students and employees.
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course and program objectives and to contribute to the overall educational environment of the college and community and to provide related services such as academic advising, committee participation, professional development, community development as well as other service support that is needed in the fulfillment of the North Central Texas College’s Mission.
- RN from an accredited school of Nursing
- Master’s degree in Nursing or Master’s degree in another field with 6 hours in a graduate Nursing program.
- Be approved by Board of Nurse Examiners of Texas.
- 5 years of Medical Surgical Clinical experience.
- Previous Community College teaching experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- A current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Texas, plus 3 years of experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Above average computer skills.
- Exhibition of respect and professionalism in a spirit of collegiality.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Ability to promote an effective environment for learning in lecture and lab experiences.
- Ability to teach students from diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Associate Degree Nursing Instructor assumes responsibility for performance of all functions generally identified by the college as within the realm of the instructor including:
- Participation in planning, implementing and evaluating the teaching-learning process in the classroom and laboratory setting.
- Teach 30 semester hours in ADN Nursing.
- Taking an active part in college activities by serving on departmental and college-wide committees.
- Attending departmental meetings and participating in planning, implementing and evaluating assigned courses for continued development of the nursing curriculum.
- Keeping current in trends in nursing education and clinical practice to improve instructional ability.
- Participating in the selection of textbooks, library, audiovisual acquisitions and other instructional support materials.
- Maintaining public relations with assigned clinical agencies to include assessing the adequacy of available clinical learning experiences.
- Participating in student recruitment, advisement and registration.
- Performing other duties as requested by the Program Coordinator.
Travel required to offsite clinical locations. Subject to criminal background check. Resume, Cover Letter, & Transcripts required in addition to application. 9 Month Contract. Salary: commensurate with education & experience. Expected start date August 2019. Position open until filled.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE THROUGH NCTC’s WEBSITE
North Central Texas College (“NCTC”) is an equal opportunity employer. NCTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, equal pay, or any other legally protected characteristic. NCTC prohibits harassment on the basis of a legally protected characteristic and/or retaliation for reporting a complaint.